CBA approaches music and the arts not as supplemental activities, but as essential activities that develop our boys mind, body and spirit. Our popular music programs have established and well-deserved reputations for excellence. And our growing arts and theater programs are building on that artistic tradition of excellence with opportunities and productions for budding artists and thespians alike.
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.
Music and Band
CBA’s music department caters to student musicians of all levels and abilities. Our music program is woven into the academic schedule, and all of our bands are credit bearing. In addition, every CBA student is eligible for school group lessons at no additional expense.
- Concert band: for students just beginning their musical development
- Symphonic band: for students at the intermediate level (NYSSMA Level 1-3)
- Wind ensemble: for musicians performing at the highest level (NYSSMA Level 4-6)
- Jazz ensemble: for advanced performers
- Saxophone quartet: a college-level performance group
- Jazz combo: a student-run initiative
- Marching band: our largest performance group who perform around the Capital Region and throughout the country
The CBA music department is designed to accommodate beginners as well as All State musicians. We allow new students to join our program at the entry level, including those who transfer to CBA with no musical background. In addition, each year we prepare students for NYSSMA festivals, where our musicians compete as soloists and hone their skills through solo preparation.
CBA’s music programs perform in the local community and abroad. Our marching band has performed at Walt Disney World, West Point, and the New York State St. Patrick’s Day Parade. We have performed for the bishop and at many Albany municipal ceremonies.
Our facilities offer students individual instrument storage lockers, an acoustically treated band room, and individual practice studios with soundproof booths.
For more information about CBA’s Music Department, please contact Sarah E. Waite, director of music, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (518) 452-9809 ext. 123.